James Gill Original 33 x 23 Acrylic Painting John Lennon, Yesterday, 2007
James Gill Original 33" x 23" Acrylic Painting "John Lennon, Yesterday", 2007. Art Brokerage; James Gill a prominent artist of the Pop Art movement, In the fifties and sixties, a new school of artists,'pop artists' emerged on the scene. This defining group included Andy Warhol, Frank Stella, Roy Lichtenstein, Jasper Johns, Mark Rosenquist, Robert Rauschenberg, Claes Oldenburg and James Francis Gill. James Gill was one of the standouts among the pop artists.
He experienced a rapid ascent in the art world. Unlike his contemporaries, James Gill's art reflected qualities of a contemporary consciousness and a classical tradition as well. Gill dropped out of the art scene in the 70's, but after a 35 year hiatus, re-emerged. The works of James Gill are exhibited in such museums as the Museum of Modern Art, New York, The Whitney, The Smithsonian Institute, Art Institute of Chicago and the National Portrait Gallery. Life Magazine did an article on James Gill and Jim is the only Pop Artist to be commissioned by Time Magazine to design the cover.
Gill's story caught the attention of Hollywood and they filmed a feature length documentary about him, hosted by Forrest Sawyer. This item is in the category "Art\Art Prints". The seller is "1111washington1111" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Size: Medium (up to 36in.
- Handmade: Yes
- Artist: James Gill, James F. Gill
- Production Technique: Mixed Media
- Framing: Framed
- Custom Bundle: No
- Style: Abstract, Art Deco, Pop Art
- Material: Acrylic on Canvas, Mixed Media, Canvas
- Theme: Pop Art, John Lennon, Art, Music
- Time Period Produced: 2000-2009
- Personalize: No
- Type: Painting
- Title: John Lennon Yesterday
- Features: Framed, Signed
- Subject: Famous People, John Lennon, James Gill, Pop Art, Abstract, Mixed Media
- Certificate of Authenticity (COA): Yes
- Signed: Yes
- Signed By: James Gill
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Year of Production: 2002
- COA Issued By: James Gill
- Unit of Sale: Single-Piece Work
- Width (Inches): 34
- Listed By: Private Individual Owner
- Height (Inches): 46
- Print Surface: Canvas
- Date of Creation: 2000-Now
- Color: Multi-Color